Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Random stuff from Italy




I realized today that a few of you don't have Facebook, so I thought I would post some of the things here that I put on FB going backwards.

Adventures in Italia continued...today I finally stopped in to get some gelato! There are gelaterias on every corner here and I just never had the chance...I asked for a fruit one, I know fragola (strawberry) and the young man offered "fico"...hmm. Tasted kinda like kiwi with all the seeds, but he insisted that it wasn't. Tried it on my translator and it came up with "it's cool". LOL. He finally found a picture of one..fico = FIG. 
Good stuff! Something learned every day...

This cup is comprised of 75% melted chocolate and 25% coffee. 
Not sure what it's called but some say it's called Bicirin. 
Seriously, the bottom part is just melted chocolate. 
YUM.
Here we are at the Superga after the train trip up to the top. 

Voila! Italian purse stand! We need these in the US!

Found my favorite gelato place today again! 
Mela (apple) and zinzero (ginger) and limone and salvia. 
YUM.

Wow. The woman who rented us the apartment stopped by with apple pastries - homemade! She did it once a week while we were there! Nice.


Ah yes...I learned how to make coffee the Italian way in our new digs - the apartment. 
Not bad!

First hotel. Here we are! The view from our hotel window in Torino.


No comments:

Post a Comment