Friday, November 7, 2014

Goodbye for now to Torino

Final thoughts about Italy from back in the US....
On my last day in Torino, I took a long walk in the neighborhood again and it struck me...
When you live in a country with so much history it is an amazing experience 
that sometimes I think people overlook. 
I've mentioned it before, but you take a walk, 
turn a corner and there's another historical thing of beauty, 
A doorway...

A piazza with tables, or a statue....     a pasta maker in a window...




A fall display of candies and chocolate...


An interesting way to screen bugs out of a restaurant...long fringe...

 
Grappa and alcohol brewing...

Piazza Castello and some Christmas decorations put up early...
A music store...


Palazzo Subalpina....
More statues and another beautiful building...



A patient dog waiting in the sunshine...
Another statue and roundabout...


And another church with beautiful statues...
Just turn a corner...

No comments:

Post a Comment